A Memorable Journey ielts speaking cue card with answer
* I have traveled lot in my life in my life. I‟ve been to Delhi, Mumbai and Goa.
* Here I am going to talk about my most memorable journey. It was from Kalakaji to
Shimla on a toy train.
* Last year, my brother (cousin) came from Italy after many years.
* We decided to show him a hill station.
* We have five days to spare and we chose Shimla.
We went by car to Kalakaji and from there and we had one of the most beautiful
train journeys that one can have.
*** We were four in all. My father, my mother , my cousin and I.
* The journey was about 90 kms long.
* It was on a toy train called Shivalik Deluxe Express.
* The boy train passes through 103 tunnels.
* One of the tunnels , at Barog, is about 1km long.
* The train stopped at Barog for 10 minutes. Most of the passengers got down. My
cousin and I also got down but my parents kept sitting in the train.
* We were given breakfast food packets at Barog.
* There were many honeymooning couples also in the train.
* The speed of the train is 25 km/ hour and it takes 5 hours to reach Shimla.
* I would call them 5 beautiful hours because one can see some spectacular beauty of
the hills on the way.
* During most of the journey the valley is on the right of the train.
* On the way we can see Solan Brewery and many passenger stops.
* We all enjoyed a lot during the journey.
* We stayed at Shimla for three days. We roamed at the Mall.
* We also saw the Scandal point and next day and we saw Jakhu Temple.
* Third day we relaxed at hotel and did some shopping.
* We came back also on the train till Kalakaji.
you can also start like this
I haven‟t traveled a lot but yes, one journey I made to Shimla which is very memorable
for me. I am going to talk about it here