Describe a technology you use often
When you use it
What do you use it for
Explain why you like to use it
- Technology is all around us.
- Today, we cannot imagine our life without technology.
- One piece of technology I use very often is my jogging machine.
- I use it at the gym everyday for five days a week.
- The gym is at 2 minutes walk from my home.
- So, I go there daily in the morning.
- I use it to keep me fit.
- While I am on the machine, I listen to my favourite music.
- When I started, I used it at a speed of 6 km an hour.
- Now I can run on it at a speed of 9 km an hour.
- It has inbuilt programs which have a warming up session and a cool-down session.
- My gym instructor guided me its use.
- There are many other machines in the gym, but I love this the most.
- After I have used it, I feel very refreshed and happy, although I am full of sweat.
- I feel I have done something for myself.
- Then I do some weight training after this cardio session and come home.
- After I started going to the gym, I lost weight and my body has got toned up.
- I don’t even feel like eating junk food.
- I ask my mother to make healthy salads and food cooked in low fat.
Do you like to use new technology?
Yes, I like to use technology. I feel a part of today’s time. I like to use various gadgets, such as cell phones, tablets, laptops which help me connect with others.
Does technology deeply affect people’s life?
Yes, it does. Technology is all around us. It saves our time as many jobs are done by machines. People can be connected all the time because of communication technology. Children can get better education through technology.
Is there any difference between technology in cities and in small towns?
Yes, cities have better access to technology than small towns, but towns and villages are catching up soon.
Do you agree that men are more obsessed with new technology than women?
No, I do not agree at all. Men and women are the same. There are no gender differences nowadays.
How to teach older generation to use new technology?
They can be taught with the help of videos and age friendly gadgets can be made, which are simpler to use.
Do you think that technology always has positive effects?
No, not necessarily. Our over-dependence on technology can have negative effects. We become lazy and face-to-face communication is also suffering.
Some people think that introducing new technology can improve people’s quality of life in the developing countries. However, others believe that free education should be offered. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Describe a technology you use often speaking cue card Describe a technology you use often speaking cue card Describe a technology you use often speaking cue card Describe a technology you use often speaking cue card Describe a technology you use often speaking cue card